How to Test Core Upgrades
When any of the following is done:
- Hacking on HS-CMS internals
- Database migrations
- Any refactoring
- Any renaming of classes, constants, libraries, or files
Then the following test procedures should be used:
- Run the W3C Link checker on affected sites (e.g. alanhogan.com)
- Also run another tool that checks for dead links.
- Manually test an index page, the documentation, an app or two, an alias, and an authored page.
- Test a new clean installation & a new clean site